I seek the opportunity to meet great people who are interested in communicating and including the Deaf culture and ASL in their business, government, and education processes and lives. I also seek to educate, advocate for, and fundraise for the Deaf Community. More specifically, I enjoy:
- Opportunities to educate both young people in their school districts and adults thru continuing education.
- Opportunities to help government, hospitals & the medical fields, police, and the private sector learn the responsibilities and also the opportunities in best serving the Deaf community.
- Opportunities to share my interpreter services where applicable so that the hearing can effectively communicate with the Deaf.
- Advocating for Deaf children and adults on issues from the simple to the complex.
- Opportunities to simply enjoy Deaf culture and great people thru authentic networking and friendships.
- Building new programs and collaborating to serve Deaf Community needs.
- Opportunities to explore new career opportunities and efforts to serve the Deaf Community in Maine, Maui, and beyond.
- Exploration and creation of basketball camps serving the Deaf Community… embracing my two passions!
- Exploration of online education and the role of how we can help the Deaf Community in the online world.